Nine Healthy Habits
Since 2010, the ANNIKA Foundation has worked closely with The First Tee, a youth development organization that provides character education through golf, and Florida Hospital for Children to develop Nine Healthy Habits, a new health and wellness framework for children.
Developed in partnership with the ANNIKA Foundation and Florida Hospital for Children, the First Tee Nine Healthy Habits are platforms categorized into nine pillars that children can easily remember and understand.
1. Energy: It’s important to make healthy choices, providing our body with useful energy.
2. Play: We must use our muscles and bones every day to stay fit.
3. Safety: Think ahead and make decisions to stay safe.
4. Vision: Everyone is born unique and can create his or her own future.
5. Mind: The mind is a powerful tool for health.
6. Family: One’s role as a family member is critical in maintaining wellness.
7. Friends: Healthy relationships are a part of individual well-being.
8. School: People never stop learning.
9. Community: We explore the health of the communities in which we live.
As national spokesperson for NHH, Annika brings recognition and attention to this innovative program. The ANNIKA Foundation will help The First Tee incorporate NHH into its program, which will impact 2.6 million students in more than 4,000 schools in the fall of 2012.