The First Tee Nine Healthy Habits were created through collaboration among the ANNIKA Foundation, The First Tee, and Florida Hospital for Children to promote healthy, active lifestyles for young people. As the national spokesperson for the NHH, Annika can share her passion of teaching children the importance of living a healthy, active lifestyle through fitness and nutrition. The Nine Healthy Habits are a comprehensive approach to youth wellness that addresses physical, emotional and social health in nine, one-word habits so children can more easily identify and memorize. They are delivered in elementary schools as part of The First Tee National School Program and through The First Tee chapters’ Life Skills Experience.
1. Energy: It’s important to make healthy choices, providing our body with useful energy.
2. Play: We must use our muscles and bones every day to stay fit.
3. Safety: Think ahead and make decisions to stay safe.
4. Vision: Everyone is born unique and can create his or her own future.
5. Mind: The mind is a powerful tool for health.
6. Family: One’s role as a family member is critical in maintaining wellness.
7. Friends: Healthy relationships are a part of individual well-being.
8. School: People never stop learning.
9. Community: We explore the health of the communities in which we live.
As national spokesperson for NHH, Annika brings recognition and attention to this innovative program. The ANNIKA Foundation will help The First Tee incorporate NHH into its program, which will impact 2.6 million students in more than 4,000 schools in the fall of 2012.